A C++ Library of Genetic Algorithm Components
the current release is version 2.4.7
GAlib contains a set of C++ genetic algorithm objects. The library includes tools for using genetic algorithms to do optimization in any C++ program using any representation and genetic operators. The documentation includes an extensive overview of how to implement a genetic algorithm as well as examples illustrating customizations to the GAlib classes.
Funding for the initial development of this library was provided by the Leaders for Manufacturing Program.
- GAlib is free. Licensing and copyright details are available.
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Mailing list and mailing list archive
- Complete documentation in HTML or PDF format
- Screen Shots of GAlib examples
- Where to get the current version...
- System Requirements
- GAlib has been built on various UNIX platforms (Linux, MacOSX, SGI, Sun, HP, DEC, IBM) as well as MacOS and DOS/Windows systems. GAlib includes examples that use PVM for distributed, parallel implementations. GAlib includes graphic examples that use the Athena or Motif widget sets, or MFC/VC++.