This page contains references that you might find useful should you decide to build your own hydrofoil.
Basic Aero/Hydro Dynamics
- 1992 DuPont Press Release
- 1991 Technical Report (PostScript version) (text version)
- National Geographic, May 1992
- Der Spiegel, 47/1991
- "Decavitator vs. Flying Fish" in the July 1993 issue of Popular Science (page 66)
- "Sailing to Riches on Wings of Carbon/Epoxy Composite" in the ASME Mechanical Advantage (volume 2, number 2)
- Human Power (volume 9, issue 3-4; fall/winter 1991-1992)
About Human-Powered Hydrofoils...
- Human Power (Journal of the IHPVA)
- an MIT thesis from the early '80s (contact Prof David Gordon Wilson)
- Article in February 1987 Scientific American about Flying Fish II
- A. Brooks. "The 20-knot human-powered water craft"
Human Power, 6(1), Spring 1987
- S. Shutt. "Some ideas used on Hydroped --- a hydrofoil pedal boat"
Human Power, 7(4), Summer 1989
- D. Milliken. "Creation and development of the DuPont human-powered watercraft speed prizes"
Human Power, 8(1), Spring 1990.
Other Human-Powered Vehicles
- IHPVA Archives
- M. Drela. "Low-Reynolds number airfoil design for the MIT Daedalus prototype: A case study"
Journal of Aircraft, 25(8), Aug 1988.